Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I need you

Why don’t you come to me, to check on me, to see what I’m doing, show interest, take part in what I’m doing? You assume I’m content with this object, this gadget, this thing.. that I prefer it over your love and attention. Well, you’re wrong. I’d love it if you could stop what you’re doing and come ask me what’s on my mind or ask if I’d like to do something with you. Is that so difficult? You may not realize how much I need to connect emotionally with you. Please don’t let days and months go by with us living in different worlds in the same house. I may pretend that all I want to do is be alone with my things, but really I just don’t know how to tell you that I might be bigger on the outside, but inside I’m still a kid that needs you. I do what I do and appear to be happy, but really I wait, wonder if anyone cares enough to come spend some time with me. Please take the time before I’m all grown and moved out, because we’ll never be able to go back to this time when I need you so much.
~every teen